MEXT (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship 2021
NOTE 2: Acceptance of applications for MEXT 2021 has been closed on 17 August 2020. Only the candidates who have sent their applications following the correct procedure, within the deadline, shall be considered.
The MEXT or Monbukagakusho Program 2021, a Japanese Government Scholarship, is now open for application by interested candidates who wish to study in Universities (Undergraduate Program), Colleges of Technology and Specialized Training Colleges in Japan.
- Undergraduate Program is a 5 year program for those who wish to study in a Japanese University at undergraduate level comprising of 1 year of Japanese language training and 4 years of Bachelor degree course. Click for details
- College of Technology is a 4 year program comprising of 1 year Japanese language training and 3 years of associate degree course. Colleges of Technology conduct practical and professional engineering education based on an integrated system with general learning and specialized learning organized systematically. Click for details
- Specialized Training College is a 3 year program comprising of 1 year of Japanese language training and 2 years of post secondary course. Specialized Training Colleges are vocational schools that run courses in specialized subjects at the higher education level. Click for details
The selected candidates for this scholarship will be required to go to Japan in September 2021.
- Free Tuition Fees
- Monthly Stipend ( JPY 1,17,000 per Month )
- One Return Air Ticket
- Interested candidates having domicile at West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar & Odisha for the above 3 categories only, must send the Application form and Transcripts of Grade 10 board exam, Grade 11 final exam and Grade 12 Board exam (if applicable) only # in one single PDF file to the below mentioned email address by 17 August 2020.
(# In purview of the COVID-19 crisis, e-application as mentioned above only will be accepted presently. However, on the day of the written test, you will be required to carry hardcopies of all documents as mentioned in the 'Application Documents' section of the guidelines, including the application form and transcripts. For documents like transcripts, where it is not possible to submit original documents, photocopies attested by a gazetted officer will serve as an alternative.)
- All such candidates are strongly requested to use the prescribed Application Formats adhering strictly to the Guidelines.
- The Application Formats and Guidelines can be obtained from the links corresponding to each category as mentioned above.
Written Examination Dates 19 September 2020 (Saturday): Undergraduate Program 20 September 2020 (Sunday): College of Technology and Specialized Training College